Thursday, January 8, 2009

Home for the Holidays


Daisy and I made the trip home to family for Christmas. Fortunately it's not far as my parents live in the house I grew up in near Sacramento. It's less than 100 miles, but a world away in many ways.

We stopped by the State Capital on the way into town and wandered around the grounds. The Capital building was decorated simply and tastefully, the Christmas tree was a little predictable but appropriate, especially considering the weather that it had to endure.

Walking under the massive trees I was reminded of when I was a little girl and my mom and I would walk around and pick up the perfect Magnolia leaves to take home and make a wreath. On this day the tree that really stood out was this orange tree, beautifully decorated with endless juicy ornaments.

We saw many oranges in the tree lined streets of midtown and surrounding areas. I realized the day that I took this picture I was wearing a leaf green coat and orange leather gloves. Influenced by Mother Nature who picks the perfect color combinations.

Sacramento is known for it's many trees and varieties and size! Street signs point this out in case you didn't notice.

No comments: